Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I want to loc my hair. Where or How do i start?

my hair is basically chemical free now and just looks like a big cotton candy!



I want to loc my hair. Where or How do i start?

There are a few diff ways to get started. You can get the comb coils, or 2 strand twists, or the organic way (just let the hair matt up naturally and keep it seperated) Is there a loctician in your area to get you started if you don't want to do it yourself??



product = Try to stick with a light gel or something like organics loc n twist gel (available @ beauty supply stores)



Twisting = overtwisting can cause the roots to be thin and break off. I only twist about once every 2 months with a light/clear gel and the little silver slips.. Other methods involve latch-hooking and that is a popular method too.



sleeping = To prevent lint I sleep in a satin bonnet, or a silk scarf with my head covered, and also sleep on satin pillowcases.



oiling = About once or twice per week I'll use a lil Kemi Oyl or melted shea butter to rub on my scalp when its lookin a lil dry.



I've been locked for a year now and I love it



I want to loc my hair. Where or How do i start?

How do you start locs?



The technique used will depend on your hair閳ユ獨 length, texture and density. We may use coils, palm roll, two strand twists, plaits, or interlocking.



How long will it take my hair to loc?



It will depend on your hair texture, grooming practices, and how the locs were started. Generally speaking, it takes from a half year to a full year.



How often should I have my locs done?



This will depend on several factors (daily routine, loc閳ユ獨 size, appearance preference, etc). Usually clients have their locs groomed every 3-4 weeks.



Can I start locs with relaxer on the ends?



We start locs when all the hair is natural. Technically, it can be done but the relaxed hair will hang straight on the ends of your twists or coils.



I want to loc my hair. Where or How do i start?

I would Start by going to a Natural Salon around your area! Some people can do it a different way by twisting two locs together.... and that looks WAY cuter on Women!!



Try it out!!



I want to loc my hair. Where or How do i start?

Go to a hair store and look for twist and lock products. All you do is section your hair off depending on how small you want your locks and you just put the twist/loc product on each section of hair and start twisting. Also get shampoo and other products for locks so your locks can always look nice. Or some hair salons will even lock it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment