Saturday, November 14, 2009

Super big perm...will it give me jessica simpson hair??

I have very long hair (all the way down my back) and i dont have hardly ANY natural wave or curl...im not willing to part with it..so cutting it off to lose the weight from it isn't an option...anyhow i want to have that sexy full hair with lots of body and curls (think Jessica Simpson). i can get this wth a curling iron but that takes HOURS!! so i was wondering if its possible to get a really big perm (i have side swept bangs that i want to stay straight) and if so...how would i style it without it looking frizzy



Super big perm...will it give me jessica simpson hair??

perm style and curling iron style never be the same.



it could be similar, tho.



maybe you want get a little layered and thinned down - otherwise, you gonna get a big head!



get big wave - make sure that they have big rods, like 3/4 diameter or bigger, maybe?? if they have long one, that's even better!! but its also how to wind and choice of chemical, time etc effect....



Plus, i don't know which Jessica Simpson style!



you want to have a photo with you when you go to the salon.



styling is easy.



wash, towel dry, put some wax or mousse.



naturally dry it.



Super big perm...will it give me jessica simpson hair??

If you resort to a perm, make sure and use really big rods, if you use the small ones, you will end up with a very kinky curl. The bigger the rod the more "jessica simpson" it will turn out. As for the bangs, do not roll them on rods or put perm solution on them, leave them straight! Good luck!



Super big perm...will it give me jessica simpson hair??

I went to a reputable hair salon asking for the same thing. I as well have long straight hair. I went in with pictures and everything and my perm turned out TERRIBLE! My head was a big ball of frizz and was impossible to work with. I went back a couple days later because I was so unhappy and it took the lead stylist almost 2 hours to get my hair to look big and curly without the friz. It has taken so long to get my hair back to a healthy state because I refused to cut the length off.



I'm sorry if this is discouraging, but I really was in the same situation as you. I have had long hair forever and always want something different. It has been over a year since my perm and I still regret the decision to get it.



Super big perm...will it give me jessica simpson hair??

I would not do the perm but maybe entertain the thought of a body wave. Its similar to a perm but not as damaging and not as tight. I did this a few years back for the same reason as you and I was pleased with it. When you do a perm you have the growth where your roots are not permed and the rest is so it can be nasty. With the body wave I didn't have that bc I never had much more than a wave that helped me hold curl like never before. I could blow it out if I wanted my sleek straight hair back.



Also FYI....Jessica Simpson almost ALWAYS has extensions of some sort in her hair to give it the full body look. Her clip in extensions actually work well so check those out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment