Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hair straightening question! help please.?

i have really really thick hair thats a little above shoulder length. i always have to wear it up or half way up because when its down, it's HUGE. it's really ew. so i straighten it but its still really big. its not frizzy, its just really thick and it poofs out. it looks okay from the front like the sides are good but the back area, like around my neck its big. what should i do? ughhh PLEASE help. i really wish i could wear my hair down.



Hair straightening question! help please.?

Go to a salon and get it Thinned out.. i have a perm and have thick hair.. and my hair comes down to the middle of my back.. i know how it is..



Hair straightening question! help please.?

layers



Hair straightening question! help please.?

I had a friend who had real thick hair, too. For prom, it took 300 bobbypins to keep her hair up. She now gets her hair thinned out at a salon, and it's REALLY cute.



Hair straightening question! help please.?

just go to a salon and have them thin it out. Its much easier to do your hair! believe me I had the same problem!



Hair straightening question! help please.?

Go to a salon and get them to layer it.



Hair straightening question! help please.?

go to a salon and they should know what to do. GOOD LUCK!



Hair straightening question! help please.?

Maybe if you got it layered it will thin it out at the bottom a little and make it more manageable and smoother. Also try a wet to straight straightening iron. I thought it would damage my hair more then a regular straightener but it actually works better.



Hair straightening question! help please.?

ok I have this problem as well! First I do not blow dry my hair out..I use a Paul Mitchell straightner and take it by little sections at a time. I do use a little product too. Gel and gloss drop mixed (not too much) then it will be greasy. The straightner is a little pricey but it was worth the money. Also do not wash your hair everyday. Do go to your stylist and ask her to thin out your back and keep it up. Also keeping layers will help.



Hair straightening question! help please.?

I have the exact same problem! I have curly hair though and have the same situation. I would do 2 things



1) Get it thinned out



2) Get layers put in.



If you get both done and then keep your trimmed every 6 weeks, then you won't have big poof hair. I hope that helps!



Also, if you can afford it I'd get a Chi - it is the best flat iron in town



Hair straightening question! help please.?

I understand where you're coming from, I have really thick hair too, it's just that mine is long on the sides, and really short in the back. I wish my hair was longer, even with the thickness.



I have tried so many things to un-poof my hair, but the only thing that really works (for me, anyway) is Sunsilk Anti-Poof Hair Creme. It's in a blue bottle, and can be purchased anywhere. Good luck!



Hair straightening question! help please.?

i would probably suggest to grow it longer. It is perhaps not the quickest solution but the weight of the length may be enough to draw it downwards instead of outwards. Have you thought of hair extensions? or maybe those pony tail extensions ive never tried them but that may give a different look while you wait for your tresses to grow....



Hair straightening question! help please.?

I do not agree with the "Layers". If you have curly hair, once you get it layered you will have an Afro. Long layers would work yes. But you must be specific with her. I say.......Invest in a good flat iron. I love mine. Used it so much. Now I need a new once. Only problem with that.....drying out your hair. But I don't care. Visit the salon every once in a while to get it treatment. What is your nationality? Do you have Spanish salons near you? They can fix you up. For real. Good Luck.



Hair straightening question! help please.?

FX Straighten Out is the best! You can get it at Walgreens, CVS, etc.



Hair straightening question! help please.?

I agree with the others. You need to go to another salon and have them thin it out for you. Obviously where ever you went the first time, they did not know what they were doing. I have very thick hair as well and get mine thinned out and it makes a BIG difference! I agree with the other writer about the paul mitchell flat iron. I own one as well, works wonders! On the days I dont feel like wearing my hair wavy (natural), this flat iron works wonders! When I flat iron my hair my husband will tell me he actually likes my hair wavy because it looks to thin when I flat iron it. This could help you out tremendously. They are pricey but def worth every penny. You can find these at Trade Secret at the mall. Or perhaps on Ebay. Good luck! oh if you are having trouble with frizz Chi makes a product called silk infusion, very pricey but the best stuff out there to combat frizz, it is awesome!



Hair straightening question! help please.?

Well if you already got layers and it still looks poofy you are most likely using the wrong kind of straightener or you need to condition it more. I have very long, poofy, curly hair and a ceramic straightener worked great and it was not poofy at all. If you're hair is like mine though, that takes too long. I recommend the Remington Wet-to-Straight hair straightener. It makes my hair really soft and sleek in about half the time. I love it and i think you will too! As for conditioning I put leave in conditioner in my hair everyday and it has really improved the texture of my hair. Hope i helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment