Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perm and a hair straightener?okay my question is simple:should I get the conair ceramic flat iron,th

can dry it when yr hair is wet? But before you answer listen to this: i've been perming my hair since i was 10,now im 17,so maybe it'll damage. for years i've been frustrated on how my hair hair gets puffy at times and the texture.i have naturally curly hair and basically after i take a shower i comb it out so it won't tangle,then put it in a bun while its wet b/c i don't want it to puff up.then the next day i take it out and grease my scalp and it gets puffy so then i just put it in a bun again.then like 4 days later i take it out of the bun ans its like straight/wavy at first,but then as the day wears on it gets dry and then loses its texture n stuff. soo i was thinking that since i get a perm every 3 months,if i stop perming and get a flat iron,will it make my hair straight without frying it?like okay if i stop getting a perm every 3 months %26amp; started to flat iron my hair once a week will it fry/damage it or will it be straight without big damage.i would like to know before i buy it.



Perm and a hair straightener?okay my question is simple:should I get the conair ceramic flat iron,the one that

Your hair sounds pretty damaged. I would kind of hold off in getting the flat iron because it won't solve your problems. I mean you can get it if you want to but I just wanted to inform you that please do not use it on the highest setting. That would make your hair worse. Believe my because my hair was all kinds of fried.



To nurture my hair back to health and grow out the damage, I pretty much deep conditioned my hair and restrict my use of heat styling products, such as blowdryers, flat irons, etc. I relied more on hooded dryers and wet rollersets to style my hair. Then I gradually cut away the damaged hair. I also started to relax my hair every four months, since I could get away with it. Over time, my relaxers started to take better and no more overlapping.



Oh I forgot, I stopping using brown gels, hair sprays, and anything that contains alcohol (the drying kinds like isopropyl, sd-alcohol). I also invested in seamless combs and brushes and threw out the cheap brushes and combs. For more info go to http://forum.blackhairmedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment